Saturday, April 30, 2011

Re-Re-Review!

Alright Friends, it's Saturday again and time for me to show you a few of my favorite things! I know I skipped last Saturday it's because my mommy brain made me forget :( But alas, it's a new week and I'm not forgetting this time!

First up; My favorite coffee place. Now a lot of you know already that with nursing Risto, I can't eat dairy. I used to frequent Starbucks because their coffee frapp was to die for, but after they changed the recipe, me not being able to eat dairy or soy I had to go in search of coffee house alternatives.

INTRODUCING....... THATCHERS!
Conveniently located across the parking lot from my favorite store Cotton Babies, Thatchers is THE BEST COFFEE in the greater Vancouver/Portland area. For real. Because of Risto's intolerance to dairy and soy, I gave up on being able to have coffee outside of my own home with lactose free creamer. Thatchers offers HEMP MILK for the lactose intolerant. I am so hooked on hemp milk. It has such a great flax taste and mixed into Thatchers hot chocolate or honey vanilla latte... I DIE (rachel zoe quote). Get down there and try it out. PS, their granola is insanely good.


Second up; Ginger Pop! It too is in the same shopping center as Thatchers and Cotton Babies (can you tell I'm done there a lot?) It's Thai food in a hip/modern style diner. It's the first time I've gone to a Thai resturaunt and been brave enough to try something other then Chicken Pad Thai, although I don't remember what I ordered (mommy brain) I do remember it was fantastic. Oh wait! I ordered Coconut noodles. Just thinking about them makes me hungry. SOOOOO GOOOOD.

So, grab a coffee before checking out Cotton Babies and if you're like me, you'll be hungry for lunch by the end of your visit so hop on over to Ginger Pop and enjoy!

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment