Monday, April 18, 2011

Advice from Seasoned Mama's

I've been getting some of the best advice from more seasoned Mama's then myself. Seasoned meaning woman who have 2+ children, not women who are in their 50's so if I mention your name don't be offended I called you seasoned! You mama's aren't well done just yet :)

I've been super stressed and worried and exhausted lately not knowing why Risto has been sick for so long and some of my friends and family have been telling me the sweetest or most encouraging things and I know I'm not the only Mama in the world who needs advice or pick me ups so I wanted to share.

1 - My sister in law, Jolene, took me out this evening. She is a LIFE SAVER and I need to start taking people up on their offers to watch Risto or to take me to coffee or something. I'm realizing I do need time away even if just for an hour. Anyways she told me a quote from a book she and my BIL read.

"A well rested baby rests well"
Just because Risto is exhausted doesn't mean when he hits the pillow (or mattress, he actually doesn't have a pillow cause he's a little guy still) he's getting the best sleep. His needs have changed recently and I need to change his schedule accordingly.

2 - My friend Noelle has been so encouraging lately and I'm so thankful to have her in my life! She's offered more then once to take my sweet little Risto for an hour or so even though she has a little one 5 weeks younger then Risto. I should take her up on that and afterward I can ask her if she's glad she didn't have twins! One of my favorite things she said, and I'm gonna start doing this, is simple.

All Mama's need a break at some point, even if just for an hour. It's important for our sanity.
This is loosely translated, but she's so right! We do need time away. I came back from my outing with my SIL feeling SO refreshed! I'm ready to take on the week. I never knew how important an hour away from home could be. I'm going to start saying yes more to peoples offers to watch him or to hang out.

3 - My friend Jenna has just the sweetest heart. She's sending me a book called Battlefield Of The Mind by Joyce Meyers. With my struggle to find normal emotions and having PPD she's been so encouraging with her words and her prayers over me. She's been amazingly supportive of my decision to seek God with my PPD and treating it naturally. She's encouraged me so much through it and I'm so thankful for her!

I know there's more, I've had so many supportive people but my exhaustion is creeping up on me and a cup of tea, a bubble bath and my bed sound like just the ticket! Thank you ladies. You all know who you are and if you think you MIGHT be one, you are! I love you women so much and I'm so thankful to have so many seasoned Mama's to turn to when my world seems upside down

No comments:

Post a Comment