Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Re-discovering me

In an effort to curb my PPD naturally, I've started a journey to re discover ME! I was advised to take each day one at a time. To start fresh and forget about my worries, fears, doubts or anything else negative from the previous day. I've had to remind myself of that several times today already, but it's working. I do feel better, more energetic and happier. Even if just for today. It's encouraging to know that I can feel like my old self! I've recently become real big on healthy baking. Trevor and I love pastries so much but they have so many empty calories, sugar in amounts no one person should consume with ingredients most people can't pronounce. I'm learning new ways to bake our favorite treats in a way that wont be damaging to our bodies. Another reason I'm doing this is because Risto deserves a healthy family and to have a good shot at making healthy life choices. We're his biggest influence, you know. I've started replacing oils with applesauce and I've traded in that pesky white flour for whole wheat. Eggs? Who needs them! 1 TBS of Flax Seed mixed with 3 TBS of water has just as much protien as an egg(among other things). What do I do about sugar you ask? Honey! I'd love to use Agave Nector, but I'm a little intimidated. Now when I eat a blueberry muffin, I don't worry about the empty calories. I can eat slice after slice of banana bread knowing that everything inside is fresh and natural. The way God intended our food to be! Anyways, in doing this I think I've decided to start selling my yummy baked treats for others who are wanting to make healthier decisions, but can't seem to find the time or energy to do so. I'm currently in LOVE with baking healthy treats for my cute little family, so why not share the love! So far I've only done muffins, cookies and breads, but I'm going to start doing danishes as well, opting for fresh organic fruits instead of jarred over processed fruits on steroids. No unncessary syrups here. Oh did I mention I don't use milk either? I use Rice milk. And if I can find it I'll use Hemp milk which is so chalk full of nutrients, you'll feel quilty if you don't use it in all of your recipes. Posting some links to my favorite things, including a couple resources for dealing with PPD. If you'd like me to bake you some healthy treats, email me! violette.jasmine@gmail.com www.postpartum.net www.livingharvest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment