Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So I Bought A Scale

I wake up every morning singing Eye Of The Tiger. That's how determined I am to lose some weight. I've figured out that losing 2 pounds a week for 8-10 pounds a month (depending on how many weeks, obviously) is a great goal. I also decided that losing 40 pounds would put me at the very lowest weight I can weigh for my height, so I'm pushing for 25-30 pounds instead. I have 6 pairs of six 10 jeans I'm dying to get back into (not to mention all of my pants, skirts and shorts!).

We've been eating a lot more fresh veggies, whole grains... I even made brown rice with dinner (which was amazing btw). Trevor went with Risto and I on a nice long walk in this warm weather we had today. My workouts are going ok, I'm doing what I can when I can, my main focus is on eating right for now and building up endurance, so long walks are key for me at this point. Anyways, on to the good stuff.

I lost 2.5 pounds last week!! I'm so very proud of myself. Right after Risto was born I lost 20 pounds but I've been stuck at 185 for 2.5 months so when I stepped on my newly purchased digital scale and say 182.5, I was beyond thrilled. I'm setting realistic goals for myself and I'm meeting them and that's something I'm proud of. Healthier living is not just for me, but so I'm around a long time to enjoy the wonderful guys God has put in my life.

I have a lot to look forward to already, and PS, my belly is looking smaller! Even Trevor noticed, and he wasn't faking either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment