Monday, March 7, 2011

I had full on intentions today to write about my new workout regime, but life sometimes throws you curve balls.

Curve Ball 1 - Today was a bright, sunny and relatively warm day for the good old PNW. My day of errands was quickly detoured once I stepped outside and caught some of that sunny fresh air. Who needs groceries when you can walk the streets of Portland for a half hour? I guess I can consider that my workout since I was pushing a stroller and carrying a pair of shoes (returned, not purchased). And I did do a double take and stopped in at my neighbor Target (mothers paradise) for some essentials. BTW - why the world is Mederma $40-. Who knew wanting to feel good about yourself was so spendy!

Curve Ball 2 - This one's a bit more serious.. and I actually can't discuss it until all the right people know what's going on. Sorry, but I'll update on that one later.

Curve Ball 2 is what threw my day into a tail spin. After the news I received, I was almost promptly greeted by my darling son Risto who proceeded to scream for a solid 45 minutes. Under normal circumstances, I would have handled it with ease, crying babies don't really bother me, but his tears quickly became blended into my own. He fell asleep, I cried even longer. Again, I can't really discuss, but I'll go into detail later.

All of my "diet starts today" plans went out the window and I made the hubs and myself orange chicken, veggie rolls and (white, not brown. such a rebel) rice. There's also a very good chance that my favorite oatmeal cookies are sitting on the counter (if you like Craisins, check out the recipe on the back of the bag. to die for, I add coconut).

After a good talk and a good cry, I'm ready to tackle the new responsibilities of my life. Doing all of these things , keeping up my household, caring for another household and navigating life as a new mom, is very daunting. It's something I've never experienced and it's definitely more overwhelming then exciting.

My normal is definitely changing for a season, but don't worry. I'm still an average Joe(sephine)

No comments:

Post a Comment