Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 in 4



















Well, I don't quite know how these photos ended up in this order, but I'll explain.
The first shot was taking when I was about 10 weeks along. The third is exactly 7 days before Risto was born (and 1 day after he was due). The one smack dab in the middle... why that, my friends is what the average woman's post pregnancy belly looks like. If you are one of the "lucky" ones, please advert your eyes to the following. You have been warned.


What is up with those freak of nature chicks who never outgrow their favorite pair of size 4 Hudson jeans? You know the girl. The one you see sprawled out on the beach at 9 months without a stretch mark in sight. Freaks. Of. Nature. I honestly thought I'd be one of those women and was pretty discouraged when it turns out I wasn't. It's hard to go from a size 8 to a 14 (which is what I'm in now).

The reason I posted the shot of what my belly looks like (literally) today, is to encourage those women who's bodies aren't "perfect" anymore. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! We should start a club; I Am Mama; Hear Me ROAR!! This is what real women look like after having babies. Oh, ps... women who look flawless still after delivery, I'm only jealous and you are real women too. You better be thanking God for the elastisity (I know that's spelled wrong) of your skin! Anyways, on with the show.

40 in 4 is my campaign in losing my baby weight. Now I know you're probably thinking "hey I thought you were empowering women to feel comfortable as they are, stretch marks, saggy skin and all!" Well I am, but I really and truly believe that we, as women, should do what we need to do in order to feel sexy and confident again. For me, rebuilding my confidence involves me losing me saggy belly. I could really care less about my stretch marks, that's just my mark of Motherhood, and there is NOTHING wrong with stretch marks ladies! They make you more beautiful. They let the world know, during swimsuit season, that you did it! You carried a child for 9 months and pushed that little blessing out. You endured morning sickness, rapid weight gain and a level 4 tear. We're warriors.

40 represents the amount of weight I plan on losing.
4 represents the months I'm taking to do it.

Ambitious, right? I know! I'm intimidated but so excited to begin this process of just plain old living healthier. Even if I don't meet my end of July goal, becoming a more healthy person for my son and husband will be enough for me. I'm ready baby weight. Kiss yourself goodbye

3 comments:

  1. Jasmine! I hope you know this is why you are loved by so many people ... you're honest!! And you make us feel like we can be honest too.

    Can I just say, you are also beautiful!! Tyra didn't know what she had. ;)

    I'm rooting for ya!! If you need a walking buddy, bring the stroller and we'll can do some speed walking around BG Village. I'll do my best to keep up. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such an awesome honest woman Jasmine! I have struggled with my baby weight for almost two years now and I know what you mean. Its not so much the weight itself but I just want to feel good about how I look again, for me. I try to have the strength to keep going, and I've gotten within 10 lbs but still can't get rid of my big ole belly. I wish you the best and I give you all the support I can. You can do it mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! there is hope ! it will get better, never back to the same for me. but better forsure !

    ReplyDelete