Monday, May 2, 2011

Tackling The Laundry Monster

Well I did it. I defeated the 4 foot tall monster, slowly growing in height and width, in the corner of my tiny 1 bedroom apartment. How you ask? I decided last night to start being a better SAHM. My home is my job (along with caring for my sweet guys) and I need to start giving to 100%. This is sparking new interest in cleaning routines for me. Laundry has oddly enough been the easiest to figure out. Here's my trick.... wait for it....

After I fill the basket with 1 clean load of laundry, I fold/hang those clothes! Now take a deep breath, I know that sounds daunting and frightening and every other word for WORK you can muster up, but it's working so well for me! All of our clothes are folded and hung up and I don't feel overwhelmed by this mass of crap in my bedroom. I love that Risto is sleeping in a clean room. I love that I don't have to worry about Trevor or myself tripping over an unnecessary mess. This first step of regaining my "perfect" housewife status makes me feel so refreshed and energized! I can't wait to figure out how to tackle other problem area's of my home. I think my favorite part of this change is that I no longer have to hand Risto to Trevor and disappear into the dark to clean. I can enjoy my husband and my son because I'm enjoying my home!

I'm off to slumber land, and it feels good knowing I don't have to start my day cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment