Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Donations Central

Did you know I've been to Africa? I have. It was the hardest most rewarding experience of my life. I left a chunk of my heart there.

We have friends who are currently in the adoption process of a little Ethiopian boy (he's flipping gorgeous). Their entire process to bring him to his forever home is such an inspiration to anyone who is blessed enough to hear it. Their hearts are filled with patience, faith and hope. A beautiful baby boy is their reward, and he'll be blessed to have amazing Christ centered parents who fought their tush(es) off to get him here.

Their journey in bringing him home goes far beyond flying to another country and picking up their son. They refuse to turn a blind eye to some of the living conditions for orphaned children in Ethiopia. Among other things, they are trying to gather what they can to bring to a specific orphanage in the area where they will be picking up their son. This is no small feat. This orphanage is in dire need of support for their children. When I read the blog post describing the need and conditions, I balled my eyes out. Thinking about it makes me cry.

How often do we take for granted the basic necessities of life? I don't give a second thought to picking up a new toy or new clothes for my son. We're blessed enough to be able to do so, but in that blessing is our responsibility to give as well. I'm calling on anyone who reads this to donate to this orphanage. ANYTHING you can give would be a tremendous blessing to these children. They are dying unnecessarily and we have the power to do something. Anything.

I'm posting a link to the particular blog so you can see for yourself that the need is there. The physical condition of the children is heartbreaking. For those of you can't look at images of obviously sick children, I'll post a list of the needs here.

Please please please contact me if you'd like to give in anyway shape or form. I'm willing to help pay for any shipping rates for those of you in other states/parts of my state.



I can be contacted at violette.jasmine@gmail.com

ordinary hero blog

Things the orphanage needs: THIS LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED
infant clothing
cloth diapers (preferably with plastic outer lining)
Crocs to give to the kids in Korah (the dump).
infant meds (ibuprofen and tylenol, etc)
thermometers
diaper rash cream


No comments:

Post a Comment